Announced today and reported in The New York Times is the launch of Simon & Schuster's electronic picture book program. A select group of Simon & Schuster Publishing's most beloved and bestselling children's titles will now become available as a part of the new e-book initiative, including Tiki and Ronde Barber's Teammates.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Paul Crichton, Director of Publicity
ILLUSTRATED PICTURE BOOKS FROM SIMON & SCHUSTER CHILDRENS PUBLISHING AVAILABLE IN ELECTRONIC EDITIONS
New York, NY, December 15, 2010—Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing today announced that a selection of its bestselling frontlist and classic backlist illustrated titles are available as electronic books.
“We are thrilled to publish the first digital editions of some of our most popular illustrated children’s books, and to take part in expanding the possibilities of what an ebook can be,” said Jon Anderson, Executive Vice President and Publisher of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing. “We believe that readers will want to enjoy these wonderful books using the latest state of the art technology, and are delighted to offer an initial list of titles that has a variety of appealing and bestselling titles for children of all ages.”
Titles published as illustrated electronic books from Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing include:
- Olivia Goes to Venice by Ian Falconer
- Olivia by Ian Falconer
- Olivia Helps with Christmas by Ian Falconer
- Olivia Saves the Circus by Ian Falconer
- Olivia Forms a Band by Ian Falconer
- Olivia . . . and the Missing Toy by Ian Falconer
- And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell, illustrated by Henry Cole
- The Christmas Baby by Marion Dane Bauer, illustrated by Richard Cowdrey
- Mommy Hugs by Karen Katz
- Jesus Loves Me! by Tim Warnes
- When Dinosaurs Came with Everything by Elise Broach, illustrated by David Small
- Baby Cakes by Karma Wilson, illustrated by Sam Williams
- Tea for Ruby by Sarah Ferguson. The Duchess of York, illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser
- Teammates by Tiki and Ronde Barber, illustrated by Barry Root
- We the People: The Story of Our Constitution by Lynne Cheney, illustrated by Greg Harlin
- Tippy-Tippy-Tippy, Hide! By Candace Flemming, illustrated by Brian G. Karas
- Little Quack's New Friend by Lauren Thompson, illustrated by Derek Anderson
Illustrated ebooks from Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing are now available wherever illustrated ebooks are sold (selection may vary according to retailer).
ABOUT SIMON & SCHUSTER CHILDREN’S PUBLISHING
Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, one of the leading children’s book publishers in the world, is comprised of the following imprints: Aladdin, Atheneum Books for Young Readers, Beach Lane Books, Libros para niños, Little Simon®, Little Simon Inspirations™, Margaret K. McElderry Books, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, Simon Pulse, and Simon Spotlight®. While maintaining an extensive award-winning backlist, the division continues to publish acclaimed and bestselling books for children of all ages. In addition to numerous Caldecott, Newbery, and National Book Award winners, Simon & Schuster publishes such high-profile properties and series as Eloise, Olivia, Raggedy Ann & Andy™, Henry & Mudge®, The Hardy Boys®, Nancy Drew®, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Charles M. Schulz’s Peanuts®, Nickelodeon’s® Dora the Explorer®, Blue’s Clues® and SpongeBob SquarePants®, and Mirage studios’ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™. For more information about Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, visit our website at http://www.SimonSaysKids.com.
Simon & Schuster, a part of the CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Digital, and international companies in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit our website at www.simonsays.com
Paul Crichton Director of Publicity Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing 1230 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020 212/698-2809 (fax 4350) Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org