Jeremy Roenick releases second book, "Shoot First, Pass Later"
MAXX client Jeremy Roenick has released his second book, Shoot First, Pass Later, the follow-up to his first bestselling book, J.R.: The Fast Crazy Life of Hockey's Most Outspoken and Most Colourful Personality. You can purchase a copy of his new book here.
Few athletes in the history of sport have the combination of talent and personality that Jeremy Roenick displayed throughout his career. On the ice, Roenick earned an invitation to nine NHL All-Star Games while becoming the third American-born player to score 500 goals. Off the ice, well, that’s a different story.
In this new book, Roenick opens up about what life was like as one of the NHL’s most electric and controversial players. As likely to drop his gloves on the ice as he was to drop reporters’ jaws with a post-game quote, Roenick amassed two decades worth of unique NHL stories. Now, after hanging up his skates in favor of a microphone, he’s ready to share them all. Highlights include:
- A heartfelt foreword by friend and former teammate, Hall of Famer Chris Chelios
- The relationship between Roenick and his former coach Wayne Gretzky, and how it has survived despite Roenick’s comments to the media
- What led to Roenick being traded from Chicago, and what he regrets about the move
- Stories of nights out on the town, plus the aftermath (both on and off the ice)
- A list of modern athletes Roenick admires for their “unfiltered” approach to the media
Shoot First, Pass Later tells the story of a modern sports maverick, fully embodying the voice and personality of its larger than life author. Perfect for both diehard and new fans alike, this wildly engaging memoir holds nothing back as it explores the unseen world of professional sports through the eyes of one of hockey’s modern legends.
About the Authors:
Jeremy Roenick is a member of the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame and one of only four American-born players to score 500 or more career NHL goals. He is currently a hockey analyst for NBC. He lives in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Kevin Allen is the author or coauthor of more than a dozen sports books, including Brett: His Own Story, Star-Spangled Hockey: Celebrating 75 Years of USA Hockey, and Without Fear: Hockey's 50 Greatest Goaltenders. He lives in Ypsilanti, Michigan.